Merrell believes that nothing should get in the way of enjoying active outdoor adventures. Merrell hiking boots, trail running shoes and apparel are built on Merrell’s outdoor heritage, quality and performance. The trail is the core of our design philosophy and has continued to guide us in the development of innovative products that inspire and enable enjoyment of the outdoors.
The remit of this role is to assist in the development and implementation of marketing activity in support of the Merrell Brand, with a focus on the Spanish and Nordic (Sweden, Finland, Norway) Markets.
- Assist in the preparation of all marketing literature, sales materials and selling tools in line with our GTM strategy to support our key product/brand stories on a seasonal basis. Focus on local market and needs for Launch in EMEA.
- Assist in all activities to support retail development in the Spanish and Nordic markets – product education, developing and providing of assets.
- Assist in the preparation for GTM meetings and presentations to ensure all support materials, presentations, etc. are delivered to the agreed timelines.
- Assist in developing an online brand hub for the Nordic Markets – website and content creating required.
- Assist in event preparation and organisation.
- Supplying all relevant marketing tools and product information to e-tail to ensure consistent communication of latest brand and product stories.
- To execute and develop the social media strategy for the Nordic markets, and taking care of the Spanish activity too.
- Build and maintain relationships with brand ambassadors and use content for engaging DTC communication
- Any other duties as reasonably requested.
Skills, knowledge and qualifications required:
- Excellent Organization and planning skills
- Creativity / problem solving
- Strong work ethic
-Must be multi-cultural, and able to switch between tasks easily.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally. Influencing skills required.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, while maintaining an attention to detail.
- Proficiency with personal computers
- Photoshop skills are a plus
- Preferred - strong personal connections with Outdoor activities.
- Preference - excellent oral and written skills for Spanish and English.
- Job starts ASAP
- Job based in Barcelona (Castelldefels) – 90% of the time
- 1 year contract
- Normal office environment.
- Travel maybe required (within Europe)
- Must be willing to spend occasional nights away.
- Must be prepared to work occasional weekends if needed
Interests and Pursuits:
- Mandatory: affinity for / interest in sports / outdoor lifestyle
Ideal: participant in outdoor activities: e.g. walking, climbing, kayaking, snowboarding, running